Patient Advocacy & Satisfaction
Patient Advocacy & Satisfaction
For questions or concerns contact our Patient Advocate at 970.874.6048, Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
At Delta Health, patients and their families play an integral role in their health care experiences. We welcome and encourage patients and families to ask questions, be active communicators and give us feedback along the way. Delta Health offers free translation and/or interpretation services to patients and families.
At any time during your experience, please speak with your nurse or direct caregiver to share questions or concerns. We encourage you to be open and honest. Should you feel the need for further support, please ask to speak to a charge nurse or nurse supervisor.
At Delta Health, we are continuously striving to find ways to improve the services we provide to our patients and their families. Feedback whether it be positive or negative is appreciated so we can continue to provide superior services with compassion and exceptional outcomes.
- General Questions: Submit a question, comment or compliment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Billing Feedback/Questions: Issues that are purely related to billing and have no quality of care component are addressed by Delta Health’s Patient Financial Services team. The Patient Financial Services team may be contacted at 970.874.2226.
- Patient and Family Helpline: An additional resource that is available Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM with the exception of all major holidays. Please call 970.874.6048 to reach a patient representative, in the instance, a representative is not available please leave a message and your call will be returned.
- Through our surveys: After you return home, you may be randomly selected to receive a patient satisfaction survey administered on our behalf by Press Ganey, a third-party patient satisfaction surveyor. We encourage you to take the time to complete the survey and let us know what went well and how we can improve.
- Want to provide anonymous feedback: Comment cards are located at the information desks at Delta Health. Please feel free to take a minute to share your thoughts, recognize a staff member that made your experience memorable or give us suggestions on how to improve.
What does a Patient Advocate do?
- Serves as a liaison between patients, families, hospital and medical staff
- Serves as point of contact for organization-wide complaints and grievances
- Provides feedback from the patient to the organization to continually improve the patient experience
- At any time during or after your visit, if you feel we have not met your needs or answered your questions, you have the right to file a formal complaint with us without fear of retribution or impact toward your care. Please read our Patient Rights and Responsibilities for more information.
We can’t make improvements alone. We need your feedback, whether that is through patient surveys, letters, emails, or telephone calls. We encourage you to be involved in resolving issues regarding your own care, treatment, and services. To express concerns, complaints and/or a grievance you can contact us via mail, e-mail, or telephone.
Here are a few tips for taking charge of your health:
- Speak up if you have questions or concerns. If you don’t understand, ASK again. It’s your body and you have the right to know.
- Pay attention to the care you are receiving. Make sure you’re getting the right treatments and medications by the right healthcare professionals. Don’t assume anything.
- Educate yourself about your diagnosis and the medical tests you are undergoing and make sure you understand your treatment plan.
- Ask a trusted family member or friend to accompany you to your hospital or clinic visits. Know what medications you take and why you take them. Medication errors are the most common healthcare mistakes.
- Participate in all decisions about your treatment. You are the center of the healthcare team.